Too often the designer or naval architect is required to predict the performance of a new or existing design, sometimes at the earliest design stage or with little available data. Total speed at various load conditions, total engine power, or running trim angle at service speed, are properties needed for future design decisions such as final dimensions or further design optimization, scantlings, re-power options, etc. quickPlaning uses the Savitsky’s method (with some modifications to include air resistance and resistance correction at semi-planing speeds) to provide quick answers to your performance related questions.
Ideal for boat & yacht designers, naval architects, marine surveyors, and marine engine vendors, who require an easy-to-use, quick resistance/power prediction software tool for planing crafts.
With quickPlaning you can estimate the performance of your new or existing hull design from user provided data.
- Evaluate hull design up to ten (10) speeds
- Estimate running trim angle
- Estimate aerodynamic resistance
- Estimate bare hull resistance and total resistance
- Define propulsion efficiency, resistance margin and estimate total required power
- View graphs (speed vs running trim and speed vs resistance)
- Export results in .cvs format for further process or reporting
Download a 20-day free evaluation copy.